Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Update

I sense much grit in you.

Not having internet access at one’s residence will certainly decrease the frequency a blog is updated. In brief, in no particular order, here’s what’s been going on with me.

Went to Imperial Beach, just a mere moments from the US-Mexico border for the annual
sand castle competition (these photos make it look much more impressive than it really was, trust me). It was a global disappointment and the two best ‘castles’ were both Star Wars themed.


I learned how to make homemade pesto with fresh basil. Yummy, yummy in my tummy and incredibly easy.

I missed out on seeing G Love play on the Del Mar race track for $13 bucks ($8 for parking, $5 for admission). Who cares about the horses running around and around in a circle and apparently the big fun hats are only for the opening day. Race track promoters are trying to get younger folks hooked on betting on ponies so there’s a whole summer concert series that I have now taken note of.

And while I was missing out on G Love I was out with a new acquaintance who was under the rather unfortunate perception that it was a date. Luckily, it was close to home at the
Whistle Stop and I was introduced to a fun local band The Truckee Brothers. Their tagline is “Roadhouse Raunch & Roll”. Two electric six strings, a bass, loud drums, harmonies and rockabilly shirts and Elvis style glasses, what's not to love?

I read The Half-Blood Prince this past weekend. Yup, I’m a Harry Potter geek and not afraid to admit it. (Rowling's site is quite fun, no doubt kid oriented as it's less sales orientated, imagine!)

Left the house after reading all day on Saturday and went for a run in my hilly neighborhood.

This weekend I also finished
The Death of Vishnu by Manil Suri. Great writing about the microcosm of Bombay culture in one apartment building. And while the bookworm was so ferociously gnawing at me I started reading Blink. Just in case I get invited to a dinner party I’ve got three texts ready to discuss.

Watched the sun set at my favorite beach on Sunday,
Ocean Beach (the hippie beach).

And that’s about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gak! I miss sunsets over the sea, and beaches and crashing waves.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Information Concierge said...

Well, until you venture down to the Jersey shore there's always the Schuylkill River. You could grab a blanket and sit along Kelly Drive, it's quite nice.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I Miss You! See what happens when I visit and you spoil me with fun?!?!?! I'm off to Wisconsin tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and use up the camera with our pic on it, so I can send it to you. I'll try scanning other Cali pics when I return and send those as well.

I finished Harry Potter the week it came out and really liked it. I'm now reading a Jonathan Kellerman (one guilty pleasure author). I'm glad to see you're exploring S.D. Sorry about the mis-informed date though. I hope it wasn't a co-worker or anyone you have to see embarassingly often.

I Love beaches and sunsets! Haven't seen quite as many as I was planning on this summer. I guess that's how summers go. (P.S., Julie, if you head to the Schuylkill, beware the rabid river otter! ;) )

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home