Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Stomper

There’s a guy in my office who stomps through the hallway. It’s worse when he pounds along the thin walled aisles in just his socks, I guess there’s nothing to soften the step.

This morning I was working on a project with a coworker when he looked at me and said, “Wow, someone has heavy footsteps.”

“Oh that’s The Stomper,” I replied but before I go into how he’s so much louder without shoes, everything shook and my former USMC co-worker said with reactionary speed of a trained solider, “It’s an earthquake, we have to get outside!” And why was that safer I’m not really sure. Note to self, I now really need to read up on what to do during an earthquake. Something about doorways.

So we stood outside for like five minutes without activity.

The wettest winter in San Diego history and now, two earthquakes and a tsunami warning in one week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home