Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Hey Mr DJ

Next to the City of Brotherly Love, San Francisco is my favorite city that with any luck I'll be resident of one day.

A friend just turned me on to
SOMA FM, "Listener-supported, commercial-free, underground/alternative radio broadcasting from San Francisco". Listen at 24k so the file isn't too large. Each loop plays for about eight hours before repeating. So far I've dug Groove Salad, Drone Zone and Indie Pop Rocks, which yes it does for previously unheard tracks from great indie bands.


This is perfect timing as one of my other favorite online stations Onion River Radio has been offline for a couple months now. Though different from the crunch out of Montpelier, VT SOMA FM is equally killer.

Online radio fills a musical void that my time on the rock has left me trying to recup.

Although, San Diego's rock station 94.9 is the best real time rock I've heard in a long time, even better than when WMMR in Philadelphia used to be cool, circa 1994.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home