Friday, January 06, 2006

Thrift Store Victory

Things are a bit tight these days after the Red Baron’s $423.56 trip to the mechanic on Tuesday.

A friend had helped me with the diagnostics on my car and many other favors that day in the very early and chilly hours of the morning and since buying him a few beers is out of the question, I found out he has a major sweet tooth.

I have a great chocolate cake recipe that makes grown men cry with its sweety goodness. However, I was one bundt pan short of completing the plan.

I estimated I couldn’t get out of Target without spending $9 for a new bundt pan. And how often does someone really use a bundt pan?

So I headed to Max’s 99 cent store, which should really be named Max’s Nothing Over Two-Fitty. They have everything in there. Everything except bundt pans.

The Baras Thrift Store is located two doors down and voila: a bundt pan for $2!

It’s a little smaller than most but very cute and will serve the purpose.

I’m just amusing myself until which time it is financially feasible for me to have a social life again. Expect more thrift store victory reports.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home