Saturday, October 15, 2005

Duct Tape Council Submission


I'm a little behind posting this as this happened two weeks ago.

So there I was, there I was innocently skating along, thankfully at a slow pace waiting for the boys to catch up when my right skate felt suspiciously loose.

I looked down and yup, my skate had broke. They were ten years old and well loved.

I asked skate buddy # 1 and former Boy Scout if he had any super glue. Before the question was out of my mouth he looked at my skate and said, “What we need is some duct tape.”

We were near the marina and as luck would have it there was a dry docked boat on pilings. It was behind a wooden fence but the boat was tall enough that the two hammering mariners were visible. I skated over slowly and in my girliest voice possible asked for tape. They seemed skeptical it would work but tossed over a roll of red duct tape.

“Ooo, it will match my shirt” I shout.

The mariners just shook their heads and laughed.

After wrapping nearly two feet of duct tape around my ankle I asked, “You do have a pen knife in your car, right?”

Nearly indignant at the question my Scout Skater replied in the affirmative.

On we skated.

It was a fantastic skate to Ocean Beach, watching the sun set.

And then the pavement jumped up and bit me.

Skate buddy #2, a parent, immediately asked if I hit my head, looked for spewing blood while the Boy Scout circled us, creating a perimeter in case any cars passed.

More embarrassed than hurt (the second day is always worse) on we skated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dont need to cut duct tape, you tear it

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Yeah Carol, um I guess the CHC bug found you all the way over there on the coast. Let's see, so far it got you (jumping pavement), Murph (Huge Ass Beer & cobblestones), Brenna (stupid moving bug)and Stef (um...well, I'm not really sure how it got Stef). Anyway, it's like a curse or something! :)

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1002 uses!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home