Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Adventures in Fitness

Following last week’s adventure in pilates class I returned to the gym for the Rep Reebok class I had been attending months ago. And today I wore a pink shirt. (Important information for later)

I think it’s called that because the steps used are manufactured by Reebok and maybe the class at one time followed a plan designed by the company. In short, it’s sixty minutes of weights and strength training, no cardio

I had heard around the water cooler that the instructor I was familiar with was no more as she went off to open her own pilates studio and the gym has been having trouble keeping a consistent instructor.

Today was not only my return to the Tuesday 11 am class but the first day on the job for a new instructor.

Admittedly it’s a hard job. An instructor has to do the exercises, while doling out instructions and be perky while ten plus grumpy faces stare back her.

There were two warning signs:

1. She brought her own microphone headset. The wire leading to the microphone was thin so the nerf-like green ball looked like it was hovering in front of her mouth.

2. She was a former Rockette. She was taking this season off after eight years of doing the Christmas Spectacular. You should see how chiseled her back is.

I didn’t look at the clock until 11:30 which meant I had gone thirty minutes before looking at the clock however that meant there were still thirty more to go.

Near the end of the class after an excruciating ab set she asked in earnest if we should do more and someone yelped an affirmative and the instructor looked right at me and said, “Pretty in pink don’t roll your eyes.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'm glad that you still COULD roll your eyes! :) My eyes would be too tired to do anything but stare! :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home