Sunday, February 06, 2005

Mekong

Will I ever again taste green curry with fish (mahi mahi) so hot that I sweat and tear as I smile at my dinner companion?

My second to last night on O'ahu necessitated a farewell visit to Mekong, the best Thai restaurant this side Phuket. Many mahalos to my sister Meg for opening my palette to this culinary wonder and to Mark as I was his willing taste-taster as he tried to recreate these dishes.

I've lived with four people pictured in the picture above

Chris, the two week house guest, turned Scrabble playing housemate of many months.

Mark, perfection in a 6'3" package, comes with gardening tools and witty banter.

Rich, post-sister roommate before he up and fell in love and is now a father. What a difference a year makes.

Phil, T.G.I. Friday's regular, turned great friend. Did someone say Jaeger?

Melissa, gym buddy and life coach/cheerleader. Everyone needs a Melissa.

Megan, the second time in my life I've lived with Meg & Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home