Saturday, March 26, 2005

Checking In

It’s certainly time for an update.

Last weekend I took the train north to San Juan Capistrano for the annual Return of the Swallows festival. Despite technology I was skeptical that a large migration could be predicted to an exact day back to a specific mission.


My trip was swallow-less but I did see the largest equestrian parade in the country and I did see the actually mission and the real excitement of the trip was losing my cell phone and my really nice LL Bean rain coat.

Today was a typical San Diego weather (or so I was told and what will hopefully be here to stay) as the rain stopped and the sun shone at an amazing 74 degrees. I was a passenger on a Ducati and crossed the bridge to Coronado Island, where the famed Hotel Del is located. The small island looks to be a great place to skate and the beach is the best so far. My fingers are crossed for sun tomorrow so I can have my toes in the sand.

While I can recite my address without hesitation San Diego doesn’t feel like home yet. And maybe it won’t if I keep thinking that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home